Monday, November 29, 2010

Themed Christmas Table Pt 3-No Sew Burlap Bird Pillows

IMG_9672

Last week I shared some of my Christmas Tea Table Décor that I have put together.  You can read about the chair covers here and the napkins here.  I am working on eight cute little pillows to add to the chairs.  My table theme is birds of a feather flock together.

My plan was to sew them, but when I removed my sewing machine from the closet the spool holder flew off and I can’t find it.  I have ordered a new one, but need pillows done by Thursday night and I work all week.  We decorate the tables Thursday night and Friday morning.  They are judged on Friday afternoon  and the winners are announced on Saturday morning during the tea/brunch.   So no time to wait for a spool holder to be delivered by mail.

I am following the motto of Keep Calm Carry On and improvising by gluing the pillows together instead of sewing them.  It is actually working out fine. 

Here is one all done.

IMG_9669

I think it is adorable. 

Here’s how I made it.

I bought some sand bags.

IMG_9673

I used my rotary cuter to cut the bag in the middle 10 inches wide.

IMG_9674

IMG_9677

The bag is sewn on each side.  One thick seam and one regular one.

IMG_9678

IMG_9679

I glued upholstery webbing across the middle.

IMG_9680

IMG_9682

And then I stenciled a little bird on the corner.

IMG_9683

IMG_9672

I glued one edge shut and let it dry a bit and then added cotton stuffing, but not much.  I glued the other end shut and ended up with a cute little decorative no sew pillow. 

IMG_9670

I have some larger potato sacks that I decided not to use for chair covers.  I was thinking of doing a giveaway with some.  Would anyone be remotely interested in winning them? 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my cute pillow.  I have lots more posts coming up. 

Tracy

Linking to

Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails